Your Legal Aid Application – Other Situations
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO MAKE A LEGAL AID APPLICATION
You will be given only one opportunity to present all documents needed for your application. A decision on your application will be provided within 10 working days. Do not contact Direct Mediation Services within this period.
This sheet gives you information on two situations:
- Not in receipt of any benefits or income
You need to send the following evidence for your Legal Aid application:
- Bank statements – the last four weeks’ If you have other individual or joint bank accounts, you will also need to provide statements for these for the same period. This does not apply if you are homeless (See Photo A for an example.)
- If you have NO income, don’t have a bank statement to provide and you are supported by family or friends, please fill the legal aid form and submit it. The form can be found HERE.
- Homeless – if you are homeless, an email or a letter from a hostel or charity confirming their support for you would be sufficient (See Photo B for an example.)
There is only one way to submit your evidence.
This is our secure and dedicated Legal Aid WhatsApp number: 07477 867736. Send a clear photo with one full page per image. This number does NOT accept calls
EXAMPLES OF EVIDENCE
Photo A – Bank statements
The easiest way to get your bank statements for the last four weeks is to go to your bank and ask them to print them out. If you have more than one bank and/or building society account, we need statements for all of these as well. This includes joint accounts
You may also be able to download them as a PDF
We need to see clearly:
- The four edges of the page
- Full pages
- Your full name
- Your full address
- Account number
- Period covering the last four weeks
- Page number sequence 1, 2, 3 …
DO NOT SEND SCREENSHOTS OF YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT FROM YOUR MOBILE
Photo B – Homeless (Supporting Letter)
The easiest way to get evidence is to present this Factsheet to the centre where you are staying. Below is a sample letter for them. Ask them to print it on their headed paper and sign it.
Direct Mediation Services
Direct Mediation Services is a trading name of The Intelligent Solutions Group Ltd. The company is registered in England and Wales - Company number 7760633. The VAT registration number for the company is 334 8141 12. Our company’s registered address is 5 Carla Beck House, Carla Beck Lane, Carleton, Skipton, BD23 3BQ.
© 2020 Direct Mediation Services | All Rights Reserved.